Marked, by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast, is the first book in the House of Night series. The fifth in the series, Hunted, was just released this month. I found this first book was a pretty good read, and I do think I'll read the second book, Betrayed, when I can get my hands on it. I have my doubts about how this series will stand up to the inevitable Twilight comparisons, though. The story is set in Oklahoma and the heroine, Zoey, is part Cherokee on her mother's side (although she learns about her Native American heritage from her maternal grandmother, rather than her mother). So far I'm thinking Harry Potter meets Twilight and not much else. Nevertheless, I have to admit I enjoyed Marked, and I think I should reserve judgmnent on the series as a whole until I've read at least one more book.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home