The boys, Brian, and I are currently reading The Time Thief by Linda Buckley-Archer. This is the second book in a planned trilogy. The first was originally titled Gideon the Cutpurse but has since been renamed The Time Travelers. I like the original title better because it seems more imaginative and intriguing, but I suppose the author wanted to emphasize the time travel theme.

Anyway, we are all enjoying these books. There is a quote from School Library Journal on the cover of The Time Thief that says, "May very well give J. K. Rowling a run for her money." I don't know if these books will be as popular as Harry Potter, but Buckley-Archer's time travel theme is one of those ideas that both childlren and adults enjoy dreaming about.

I have finished books 1 and 2 and am eagerly awaiting the publication of book 3.

2 comments:

It sounds really intersting! I'll have to try to read it if I find time!
In response to your comment on my blog, I have read a few Sue Grafton's, the first 3. She's really great, and I hope to finish reading the series later on, maybe once I'm done with all this school nonsense :-0
It's funny that you mention Law & Order. Ed McBain complained a lot in his books about the tv show being hailed as original when he felt they ripped him off (and they kind of did). I guess that's why I love the show so much!

Bekki

January 7, 2008 at 3:54 PM  

helpful post.

September 21, 2010 at 3:28 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home