Since so many kids have been asking at the library for Jeff Kinney's Diary of a Wimpy Kid, I decided to buy a copy for myself and find out why it's so popular. Then, before I had a chance to read it, one of my sons picked up the book and read the whole thing in one sitting. As soon as he finished, he read the sequel, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules -- all this in one afternoon, without stopping. Keep in mind that my son rarely reads anything but video game guides and Garfield comic books unless he has to, so I decided to move this one up on the "to read" list.
I was glad I did. This book is a true gem -- very funny and easy to read, with plenty of comic book style illustrations to add to the humor. I really enjoyed it and I think this series is going to have wide appeal -- for reluctant and avid readers alike. George and Harold (the stars of Dav Pilkey's Captain Underpants books) and Greg Heffley, the journal writer of the Wimpy Kid books, have a lot in common, so if you're a Captain Underpants fan, you're going to love the Wimpy Kid books.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home