Rick Riordan has a new installment of his Percy Jackson and the Olympians series coming out this month: The Battle of the Labyrinth. While I am eagerly awaiting the book’s arrival, I thought I’d revisit the first three books in the series, which are some of my favorite recent reads. Book 1 is called The Lightning Thief, and it is here that the series hero, Perseus Jackson, finds out that his father is Poseidon, the Greek god of the sea. Book 2 is The Sea of Monsters, and book 3 is The Titan’s Curse. In each of these books Percy and his friends (most of them kids who also have a Greek god for a parent) go on exciting adventures and meet many characters from Greek mythology, most of whom are presented with a humorous modern twist. I really love this series, as a mom because I know my kids are learning about Greek mythology as they read, but also as a reader because Riordan knows how to write a compelling story.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home