I finished Speeding Bullet, another Neal Shusterman novel, in one day because I found it so hard to put down. This is the story of Nick Herrera, a New York City teen who is not rich, does not get terrific grades, and does not get the popular girls. Then one day he saves a little girl from being hit by a subway train and begins to think he has some kind of special gift. He starts looking for other people to rescue, believing that he cannot lose. Then he meets Linda Lanko, the daughter of one of the biggest developers in the city, and they begin to spend time together. Linda's father is very rich, and she is used to always getting exactly what she wants. So is this relationship going to be good or bad for Nick? The ending of the book surprised me, and I'm always happy when that happens! I highly recommend this book for tweens and teens, especially reluctant readers.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home